Ten Lives Club will happily assist your need to find placement for a cat in your care provided there is space available and the following credentials are met:
We accept cats/kittens from infancy up to 8 years of age into our program.
We do not accept wild, feral or unapproachable cats. For cats of this nature, please contact Feral Cat Focus at #1-888-902-9717.
You will be asked to make a donation between $85-150 depending on the circumstances of the cat and medical care needed prior to being deemed adoption ready.
You must complete one of the applications at the bottom of this page.
- All surrenders require an appointment as we can only accept what we have the space to accommodate. To schedule an appointment, please call (716) 646-5577 ext. 104 (Surrender Extension).
Surrender calls are taken Monday, Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays and appointments could be scheduled up to 10 days out, again depending on space available.
*Please, do not show-up without an appointment as you may risk being turned away if there is no space available to place the cat in our care.
Reasons for Surrender
Behavioral / Medical:
- If you are dealing with a behavioral or medical condition (aggression, house soiling, metabolic disease, etc.), please consider that these conditions are not going to resolve themselves and may in fact worsen in a shelter environment and new home.
These types of issues should be discussed with your primary Veterinarian who can provide information on care and treatment and ultimately guide you on how to resolve the issue. Cats with such issues are not cats we can accept into our program.
- If you are surrendering a personal pet due to changes in the home, moving, etc., we ask that you make efforts to adopt the cat out yourself before surrendering to our program.
- We do ask that you provide any medical records you have on your pet to inform our Vet staff what treatments are necessary and to pass the history along to the new adopter.
Things to Remember
Important Things to Note:
If you are surrendering a pregnant female, please understand that you are not surrendering one single cat for care. TLC will become personally/financially responsible for the litter of kittens so a larger donation for these situations will be requested.
We can only accept litters of kittens provided that the mother is trapped and spayed if necessary. We cannot commit to the continuous intake of kittens from the same female cat with no attempts to spay her. TLC does provide low cost spay and neutering services and more information can be found here.
- If you are requesting to surrender an FIV+ cat, the cat's overall health will need to be assessed prior to approval. Only healthy cats showing no signs of end stage FIV will be considered for our program. FIV+ cats with stomatitis cannot be considered for surrender at this time.
- If any cat is showing signs of illness or disease, that cat can still be considered for our program, however, an additional donation may be requested to cover the additional cost of care to get that cat healthy and adoptable.
- The fee for a stray cat is a minimum of $85
- The fee for a personal cat is $150 as stray cats without homes are our first priority
- The fee for an FIV+ cat is a minimum of $100
- The fee for a pregnant cat is a minimum of $150
- The fee for a Momma cat with kittens varies and this amount must be discussed with our Shelter Director when setting up your surrender appointment
- Additional donations will be at the discretion of the surrendering party
- Volunteering for TLC may be considered in lieu of a donation. These arrangements should be discussed when setting up your surrender appointment. You must be available to volunteer on the same day as your surrender appointment.
Our shelter and adoption program is sustained entirely by donations. We are completely dependent on the community to support our rescue efforts.
Surrendering parties bringing a cat to Ten Lives Club for placement in our program will be asked to make a donation to alleviate the cost of care and resources we will provide until the cat is placed in it's furrever home. A receipt of your tax-deductible donation can be provided to you at the time of surrender. Any additional donations beyond the surrender fees are greatly appreciated.